What Is Green Cleaning?January 10, 2011
Green cleaning is the use of cleaning products that are sensitive to all people, and do not pose any threat or harm to us or the environment.
With todayâs changing environment, Sunshine Best Clean Corp. has made it their priority to incorporate more green practices into our company. Doing things like switching to gentler cleaning products, such as âGreen Seal Certifiedâ ones, and making our own cleaning products out of household staples.Â All of these products are extremely effective and get the job done!Â Our focus is on using products that ensure the health and safety of our customers, as well as looking out for the environment.
Benefits of Green Cleaning
- Improve indoor air quality, as well as what is going out to the environment
- Makes for a safer and healthier environment
- Reduce the number of sick days
- Drastically minimizes exposure to harsh chemicals that can cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems
- Reduces pollution in the air
- Reduce packaging waste with recyclable packaging
Ways to Make Your Workplace Greener
- Apply energy-efficient settings on your computer and monitor
- Turnoff the lights when you leave a room, and turn off or unplug unused equipment at the end of the day
- Recycle empty ink and toner cartridges
- Donate old computers, cell phones, or other electronic products to an organization that will refurbish these items and pass it on to someone else, or make sure you recycle it.
- Try to implement a rule that states everyone should bring their own coffee mugs to work.Â This will reduce how many foam cups are used and thrown away.
- Bring real plants into the office. Plants take in the carbon dioxide we release, and in return, they let out oxygen for our benefit.Â Also, the bigger the tree, the more shade is provides, and can reduce your air-conditioning costs.
- Reprogram the thermostat.
- Replacing aging desktop computers with laptops has great benefits. ItÂ can use up to 70 percent less electricity and generate less heat waste.
- Turn off computers at lunch.
- Start a recycle program in your lunch room.
- Use green stationary.
- Use the technology we have.Â Text messages and e-mails all help to reduce paper waste.
- Use fluorescent lighting.
- Request that the janitors and cleaners use environmentally-friendly products.
Going green doesn’t happen with a snap of your fingers, but every effort can make a big difference this is why we at Sunshine Best Clean Corp are committed it to go Green.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequired tutorials for this tutorial.
- Certified MBE (Minority-Owned Business Enterprise)
1385 Broadway, Suite 608
New York, NY 10018
We are open or make a schedule with us: 24 hours 7 days a week Tel: (212) 760-1359
Fax: (212) 760-1360